Silver Banded Polished Ox Horn Whisky Tot
An extra special Malt deserves an extra special drinking vessel and this quaint Ox Horn tot with silver edging fit the bill perfectly. Made by Abbeyhorn, the same craftsman who makes all the horn products for Game of Thrones. This very special gift has been fully sealed ready to enjoy.
Please note, these are handmade to order and may take between 2 and 8 weeks.
Dimensions - 65mm x 70mm
Colours, Specifications & Dimensions
All Abbeyhorn products are handmade from natural materials, as with all natural materials colours vary greatly. The items you receive will differ in colour from the product photographed. Should you have a specific colour please contact us when placing your order. Sizes given are for reference only, dimensions will vary slightly.
Horn products have been designed to be used and appreciated, as well as to look beautiful. Remember the materials Abbeyhorn work with are a natural, organic substance that has been living and growing for many years. By following a few simple guidelines you can keep your pieces looking as shimmering and glossy as the day you bought them – handled with the correct care these objects can last and be enjoyed for a lifetime.
- Wash before first use
- Remove food soon after serving
- Hand wash items
- Only use tepid water
- Use a very mild soap
- Rub gently with a soft cloth
- Towel dry immediately
- Never leave items soaking in water
- Do not use hot or boiling water
- Never place items in a microwave or dishwasher
- Avoid chemicals, strong detergents, abrasive cleaning materials or scrubbers
- Do not let horn-ware come in contact with sharp utensils
From time to time your hornware will benefit from a little extra care. Using a soft cloth sprinkled with a little vegetable oil wipe over the item in the direction of the grain. Buff using a soft lint-free cloth – this will restore the lustre and preserve the natural beauty of the horn.
Do not display bone, horn or antler in direct sunlight, under bright lights, near heat, air-conditioning units, or near windows and exterior walls. This will protect the bone from yellowing, the horn from fading and help avoid any cracking or movement. Horn is naturally grainy and has the ability to swell if exposed to too much moisture. It is wise to keep items in an environment that is dry and will not have extreme temperature changes.
Causes of Damage
- Contact with the natural oils of skin or exposure to coloured materials can result in the staining or darkening of bone
- Over time, exposure to the environment can also produce some darkening in bone, which can be considered a patina
- Exposure to light can discolour bone
- Insects can damage horn
- Extreme or rapid fluctuations in temperature and humidity cause small changes in dimensions of horn, bone, and antler, which can lead to cracking
- Liquids such as cleaning solution or even soaking in water can also cause damage
- Leaving food for extended periods may result in discoloration – especially highly acidic or salty foods such as salad dressings, vinegars, tomatoes or other fruits
Most importantly, please use your hornware!